This safeguarding course is designed specifically to address the ethical, therapeutic and practice dilemmas that child psychotherapists encounter in their work with children and young people. Issues such as deciding to maintain confidentiality (or not), the implications of involving local authority children’s services in concerns, the challenge of preserving the therapeutic relationship with the child if information has had to be shared because a child may be at risk are all matters that have relevance to the safeguarding of children, and therapists, in these settings. The added complications of conducting sessions remotely and the strictures of the pandemic have added a new dimension in safeguarding which will also be considered in the programme.
By the end of the session participants will have had the opportunity to:
- Identify what to do if they have concerns about a child, including those who are suffering, or at risk of suffering significant harm
- Enhance their skills in responding to risk that is identified by workers in their organisations and making sound decisions about when and how to refer to Children’s Services
- Access some basic information and background about the legislative framework within which children’s welfare is safeguarded and promoted
- Learn about dealing with disclosures from children and young people
- Explore some of the dilemmas around consent
- Understand about risk to themselves as professionals
About the trainer: Gretchen Precey is an independent social worker, trainer and consultant specialising in child protection. She has provided training nationally for child welfare professionals for the past 20 years.
Open to: this is a members only event
Safeguarding Certificates: Safeguarding certificates will be issued to attendees on completion of the full course.
Recording policy - no part of this training will be recorded for future viewing.
Cancellation policy: The fee is non-refundable.
Please note: we use PayPal as our payment processor. You will have the option to check out as a guest rather than signing into PayPal after confirming that you are not a robot on the following pages.
|Training Fee||£ 95.00|