How to submit a proposal for The ACP Annual Conference 2022
The deadline for submission of proposals is 7 February 2022
Please submit proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org – any proposals submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Please send, by email a 500-word (max.) outline of your proposed presentation setting out clearly:
- The idea or proposition you wish to explore, including the dilemmas or challenges it raises
- Your argument or hypothesis and the issues that you want the conference to consider
- The relevance of your presentation to the conference theme
- How you plan to present your material and engage with participants
In your covering email, please be sure to state:
- The working title of your presentation
- Your name (and the names of any co-presenters)
- Your email address and a phone number
- If you are a Qualified Member or Trainee
- Whether this is your first time as a presenter at this or similar conferences
Reasons to get Involved
We hope that you will wish to join us in creating a thought provoking, lively and interesting conference. We would welcome initial conversations with you if you have an idea linked to the theme of ‘The Search for Identity’, and would work alongside you to develop this.
We also hope to hear from a range of different members of the ACP who can offer us another perspective on this ever-present challenge. We are very keen to ensure that as many people’s voices are heard as possible. For this reason, we want to try and create a containing structure for the event which encourages wide participation by members and supports new ways of presenting and engaging in dialogue with colleagues.
We are therefore inviting you to submit a proposal about not only the topic of your presentation but also how you would like to deliver it. This might be:
- a long or short paper presentation
- panel discussion
- poster or other visual approach
- a reflective discussion group
We want engaging ways of promoting discussion, catalysing action, and understanding the issues and dilemmas raised by this theme.
Have further questions or thinking of submitting, but would like to talk through an idea?
For further information about submitting your proposal, or discussion of an idea for a presentation, please email email@example.com with your queries.