Advancing standards in child and adolescent psychoanalytic psychotherapy training
The Board of Directors is seeking to appoint a Director of Training. This is a key role for the profession and an opportunity to be at the forefront of developing the standards and quality of training in child and adolescent psychoanalytic psychotherapy. We are keen to engage with all members of the profession who may be interested in becoming Director of Training and have the necessary skills and experience to undertake the role.
As Director of Training you will be able to use and develop your leadership skills as part of a well-functioning Board with clear strategic aims. Key aspects of the role are:
1. Chairing the ACP Training Council which has overall responsibility for:
- developing, monitoring and maintaining good standards of training of CAPTs
- accrediting and re-accrediting CAPT trainings
- determining the principles governing the selection of students for training
- ongoing development of the competence framework for CAPT training
2. Ensuring that the ACP’s training policies are aligned with:
- the regulatory requirements of the Professional Standards Authority
- current practice in NHS CYPMHS
- current standards of good practice in relation to psychoanalytic theory and technique
- high standards in relation to issues of equality, diversity and inclusion
3. Contributing to ACP work to support the expansion, spread and diversification of the profession through increasing access to CAPT training across the UK
Commitment and remuneration: The term of office for the Director of Training is a minimum of two years and maximum of four years. The time commitment for the role of Director of Training is 7 hours per week which is remunerated at £59,000 per annum pro rata which is equivalent to NHS Band 8b. The majority of meetings take place online so the Director of Training can be based anywhere and work from home.
Equal opportunities: We want to ensure that we are recruiting to ACP roles from different geographical areas, different training schools and that we reflect the diversity of our members. We encourage applications by members from all backgrounds, especially where these are currently under-represented in the profession.
For more information: Please see the full Role Description for Director of Training below. If you would like to learn more about the role of Director of Training or to discuss applying, please contact:
Dr Lynne Taylor, ACP Chair email@example.com
How to apply: Please submit a CV with a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience would enable you to take up the role of Director of Training at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is midnight on 14 November 2023.
Interviews will be held on the afternoon of 1 December 2023.